One more year, the magic of Christmas arrives at the heart of the Loire Valley with a variety of things to see and do. From December 1st, we propose you to embark on a fairy tale trip through the history of France, with all the Christmas activities happening in Chambord and at the nearest castles, on the occasion of the 500th anniversary of the Renaissance. Please check the detailed programs and dates to come.
RELAIS DE CHAMBORD CHRISTMAS AGENDA:
- From 1/12: Teatime in Le Bar du Relais, during the weekend and on school holidays.
- On school holidays: Kids Club (under parental supervision).
- 24/12: Christmas eve dinner with mesmerizing views to Château de Chambord at our restaurant, Le Grand Saint-Michel.
- 25/12: Christmas Brunch in Le Grand Saint-Michel.
- 31/12: Festive New Year’s Eve dinner accompanied by live music.
- 1/1: Celebrate a new decade with us with a New Year Brunch in Le Grand Saint-Michel.
CHRISTMAS AGENDA IN CHÂTEAU DE CHAMBORD:
- Illumination of the French gardens, the outdoor paths and the north facade of the castle.
- Christmas decoration in the colours of the Italian Renaissance, on the occasion of 500 years of Chambord.
- Christmas tree content.
14-15/12 and from 21/12 to 5/1 (except December 25th and January 1st)
- Music and dances of the Renaissance.
- Exhibition “Discovering King Francis I”. An exhibition, specially designed for children, that retraces the life of Francis I.
- Colouring. Beautifully illustrated boards and small colouring material are provided to children, to express all the creativity by giving particular colour to the French gardens of the castle.
- Meeting with Santa Claus.
- Concerts offered by the Trompes of the school of Chambord.
- Nature animations that introduce children to discover the flora of the estate. A workshop for making a map is proposed from plants previously collected in the forest of the estate.
CHRISTMAS IN THE LOIRE VALLEY:
In case you have the time, we recommend you to visit other castles close to Chambord, which also have a complete Christmas program, like châteaux de Blois (30 min. from Relais de Chambord), Chaumont-sur-Loire (40 min.) and château de Cheverny (20 min.). Or if you prefer, get immersed in the animal kingdom at Beauval Zoo. A space that hosts some amazing species that have made their mark on the zoo’s history.
For further information regarding Christmas at the châteaux and the zoo, please click here.